Today we would like to share the following article from Crunchbase: The Window Is Closing For LPs To Earn Their Place In History.
We, that are immersed and breathe the US secondary late stage VC market round the clock, hold exactly the same gut feeling – the 2023-24 vintage appears poised to be exceptional.
What underpins this optimism?
1) There have been always business cycles (mostly caused by interest rates swings)
2) The herd mentality, which is innate to humans, amplifies business cycles
3) Technology is now in a trough in public markets (except for the Magnificent Seven)
4) This downturn is magnified in private markets due to their higher risk profile
5) Our civilization was, is and will be built on technology – and only through technology we can realize our full potential
6) AI is expected to generate an unprecedent positive loop
7) Technology should, at some point, rebound strongly
Now it is the moment to buy great US startups at the bottom in the secondary markets, enjoying a 50%+ discount level over the last equity round.
Seize the chance!